Farnborough, UK, 17 October 2019 – Women in Business Expo concluded today after two days of educational and inspirational talks. The day’s headline speaker, Lady Michelle Mone, Baroness of Mayfair OBE, shared her incredible story from her East Glasgow upbringing to how she built her multi-million-pound lingerie business, Ultimo Brands International, from the ground up. As a peer in the House of Lords, OBE recipient and Start-Up Business Tsar for the Government, Lady Mone is one of the UK’s leading entrepreneurs and is a shining example of how flair and true grit can lead to global success. She provided attendees with practical and honest business advice and offered her top tips for business success.
Michelle commented: “I’m delighted to be speaking at Women in Business EXPO. This event is so important to highlight and show how women of today can overcome the unique challenges faced in work and business, and provide the inspiration for a new beginning.”
Across both days advice for business success took centre stage, with topics ranging from self-marketing and the impact of technology such as AI on the recruitment process to balancing motherhood with a growing business. Over 60 seminars took place across the five free to attend theatres, whilst over 120 exhibitors covering all industries, including Aston Martin, Bank of America, HSBC, tide, UPS, Costco, Sentry Legals, Vodafone, IBM and NatWest, had experts on hand to give attendees advice on shaping their careers.
Christie Day, Group Event Director at Women in Business Expo, said: “The first annual Women in Business Expo has been a huge success, with thousands of attendees from a variety of backgrounds, some of whom are planning the next chapter in their careers, some looking to start a business and some even considering franchising. Attendees have been empowered by our engaging and dynamic speakers and exhibitors to confidently take the next step in their working lives, and to feel comfortable juggling the work/life balance. We can’t wait to take the event to Manchester with Women in Business Expo North in June 2020, and to return to Farnborough with the second Women in Business Expo next October.”
Additional highlights from day two at Women in Business Expo included:
- A panel debate featuring Dr Zara Nanu of Gapsquare, Independent Non-Executive Director Suzanna Baxter, Emma Cashmore of Facebook and Roxan Mathys from Robert Half, which delved into the challenges faced in the modern workplace
- Gwen Harrison, Vice President of Global Transactions & EMEA Legal at Pure Storage, who spoke about lessons from the front line, in business and at home
- Robin Selden, CMO of Avast, who spoke how about gender diversity is being addressed in the wrong way and the importance of getting it right
- Lara Asprey, Reality Star and Author, who spoke about the power of thinking big and overcoming limiting beliefs
- Angelica Stephenson, Senior Manager of Strategy and Innovation at Sky, who spoke about AI and how it will affect our futures
- Michelle Willis, Head of Technology Operations at Vodafone, who spoke about advancing your career in business
Women in Business Expo North takes place 30th June – 1st July 2020. Headline speakers for the inaugural event include Ruby Wax and Karren Brady, two formidable speakers with a wealth of experience to share with attendees.
Ruby Wax said: “I am thrilled to be speaking at the Women in Business North event. I have spent a large part of my career leadership training in the corporate world, conducting TED talks and studying mindfulness-based therapy. Come along and visit Women in Business Expo North, in Manchester.”
About Women in Business Expo
Women in Business Expo is the UK’s first exhibition dedicated to supporting women in business. The two day event is free to attend and takes place at Farnborough International Conference and Exhibition Centre, Hampshire. Running from 16-17 October 2019, attendees will have access to a roster of top speakers and exhibitors from across the UK, who will share tips, knowledge and career opportunities.
Kaizo PR for Women in Business Expo
+44 (0)203 176 4700
Speaker and exhibitor enquiries
+44 (0)1483 934 381