All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Hub Exhibitions Ltd collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Hub Exhibitions Ltd is an events company based in Godalming, Surrey.
Our Data Protection Officers and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Rob Sherwood, email@example.com
We may collect the personal data set out in the table below through one or more of the following channels:
- Event registrations for events
- Contracts through sales
- Desk research
- Data opt in forms on our website(s)
- Newsletter sign ups
|Personal data type:||Source (where Hub Exhibitions Ltd obtained the personal data from if it has not been collected directly from you, the data subject. Note that some of your personal data may also be accessed from publicly accessible sources):|
|First name||website opt in forms/contracts/desk research/newsletter sign ups|
|Last name||website opt in forms/contracts/desk research/newsletter sign ups|
|Full postal address||website opt in forms/contracts/desk research/newsletter sign ups|
|Email address||website opt in forms/contracts/desk research/newsletter sign ups|
|Job title||website opt in forms/contracts/desk research/newsletter sign ups|
|Telephone||website opt in forms/contracts/desk research/newsletter sign ups|
The personal data we collect, will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and will be used for the following purposes: - To contact you about future events and promotions of which the data subject has expressed an interest in
- To communicate to you information about current events and promotions of which the data subject has expressed an interest in
- To offer data to official third party suppliers who’s services and products will enhance your experience with Hub Exhibitions Ltd
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
We may process your personal data:
- In accordance with your explicit consent given under section 3.2.
- Where such processing as is necessary in order to perform any contract between us or comply with any legal obligation.
- Where such processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by third parties.
- These legitimate interests include:
- Internal administrative purposes.
- Promoting our business activities and the events we host.
- Marketing activities and personalizing content we send you.
- Market research and user analytics.
- Interests in connection with any relevant and appropriate relationship between us (for example, any contract or arrangement we enter into)
- Where you may have a reasonable expectation that we will process your personal data for a particular purpose.
Information we collect
The types of information we may obtain about you include:
- Personal or business contact information (such as name, postal and email address, phone number, name of your company, and your business function or title)
- Demographic information (such as age and gender)
- The information you provide by interacting with us through our sites, including by submitting questions, commenting on our forums and interacting with us through social media
- If you are making a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with contact information and with a copy of your resume or CV or other relevant information.
- Contact information of individuals with whom you would like to share The ------t content
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as IP address, domain name, and the device, browser and operating system type)
- Information on actions taken by visitors on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our sites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
The uses Google Analytics to improve our website content. You can learn how Google collects and processes data by going to the website “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Respond to your questions and comments, including requests for information about our company, products and services
- Communicate with you (including by phone or by email) about our products, services, offers, surveys, events and promotions, and offer products and services we believe may be of interest to your company
- If you have applied for or inquired about a job, we may use the information that you provide to us for the purpose of considering your application or inquiry and communicating with you.
- Tailor our offerings to the manner in which visitors use our sites
- Register your company on our sites, and identify you as a registered user
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, video blogs, online forums, social media pages and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about The ------, including on our sites, forums, blogs, and social media assets (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will generally only include your name, title and company name)
- Follow up with individuals and companies with whom you have shared The --- ------- content
- Manage your participation in our events, conferences, surveys, and other promotions
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and lead generation strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, and claims, and manage risk exposure
- Enforce our contractual rights
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our affiliated companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice to you.
By purchasing your ticket for Women in Business & Tech Expo Virtual 2021, you are consenting to Hub Exhibitions collecting your data to send you event details for Women in Business & Tech Expo Virtual 2021. The data given on the registration form including your profile data for Women in Business & Tech Expo Virtual 2021, can be given to, viewed and used by exhibitors to contact you. You can revoke this declaration of consent at any time with future effect.
We will also, from time to time, send you information about future Women in Business & Tech Expo shows and relevant events. You will always have a choice about receiving this information and can manage your preferences here.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us explicit permission to process any of your personal data (including the special categories of personal data mentioned above, if applicable) which we collect in accordance with this notice for the purposes identified in this notice.
You may withdraw your consent given under this section at any time by contacting our Data Officers. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
We do not transfer data to countries outside of the EEA unless appropriate safeguards (enforced by standard model contracts) are in place.
3.4 Retention period
Subject to your rights as a data subject and applicable data protection law, Hub Exhibitions Ltd may process your personal data for a minimum of three years and will store the personal data for a minimum of three years as long as the subject is actively receiving and acting upon contact from Hub Exhibitions Ltd. Data will not be kept for longer than it is needed for the purposes for which it was gathered.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Hub Exhibitions Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below. All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Hub Exhibitions Ltd (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, please contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance using the details below and we will endeavor to resolve your complaint. You also have the right at any time to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
|Contact Name||Data Protection Officer|
|Address line 1||Innovation Hub|
|Address line 2:||Douglas Drive|
|Address line 3:||Godalming|
|Address line 4:||Surrey, GU7 1JX|
3.7 Privacy statement
Read more about how and why we use your data here, this is the statements we have in place when collecting data:
Website: I understand and agree that the above data supplied may be held and used by Hub Exhibitions Ltd and any official third party provider acting on its behalf, in order to improve the overall experience. I consent to this personal data being used to contact me about their products or services
4. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Hub Exhibitions Ltd, will collect and use your personal data for retargeting, cookies, subscriptions, registrations, stand bookings and relevant supplier services.
Why does Hub Exhibitions Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you relevant information we need to collect personal data for ensuring customers have the optimal experience. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Hub Exhibitions Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contract in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to enhance customers’ event experience. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Hub Exhibitions Ltd procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Hub Exhibitions Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Hub Exhibitions Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Hub Exhibitions Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Hub Exhibitions Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Hub Exhibitions Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Hub Exhibitions Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Hub Exhibitions Ltd a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Hub Exhibitions Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months)
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
Document Owner and Approval
The Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.
A current version of this document is available to all members of staff and is published on the shared drive under the GDPR folder.
Rob Sherwood, Managing Director, Hub Exhibitions Ltd
Current version of this document last updated on 01/03/2021
Change History Record