About the event
The event is organised by Hub Exhibitions and will take place 16-17 October 2019 at the new Farnborough International Conference and Exhibition Centre, Hampshire.
This state of the art exhibition venue boasts ample free parking, and an inspirational exhibition space to host Women in Business Expo.
The event is aimed at women looking for inspiration, business services and guidance. Whether you’ve got a brand new business idea, are considering a franchise business, looking to retrain, have an existing business, or are looking to make a career change, Women in Business Expo will inspire you!
Exhibitors will include both local and national companies looking to offer women business, franchise and career opportunities or support women in their next career or business move.
Why are we launching the show? Take a look at a few statistics, they're encouraging and frightening at the same time.
- 1 in 10 exec directors in the UK are female
- Statistics show that companies with 1 or more female directors are more successful
- Gender pay gap is 18%
- 74% of mothers work in the UK (Office National Statistics)
- 15 million working women in UK
- 28% small business owners are women
- 25% franchise owners are women
- Women’s self employment has risen by 40% since 2008 recession, compared to 13% for men
- There are more men called Steve or David who are FTSE 100 CEO's than there are women
Keen to be involved in this exciting new launch event? We would love to hear from you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
"At NatWest, we believe it’s our role to support more women in business, whether they’re starting up or scaling up. We’ve been working had to do that, building trust with women-led businesses across the UK. We’re improving our services and doing more to meet their needs. Whatever the nature of their business, our support goes beyond finance. At NatWest, we offer an appointment within 48 hours, a specialist franchise development manager and professionally accredited local relationship managers with specialist knowledge of the women in business sector.
We’re delighted to be sponsoring this brand new conference and exhibition, which aims to deliver guidance, inspiration and business services to women at every stage of their journey."